Not all people realize the advantages given by drinking filtered water, and it is about time for them to read some useful information which they can share with their loved ones. So they can impart the several benefits of filtered water, the following educational guide will help them have a happier and healthier life that is also more environmental-friendly.
Benefit of Filtered Water to Health
Drinking water is available in a wide range of options, and each comes with its own hype – like alkaline, bottled, distilled and tap, to name a few. It can confuse everyday consumers. They need not worry though since this guide can help them. These are the reasons why they should choose filtered water:
Filtered Water Removes Common Elements
- Arsenic: High, dangerous levels of arsenic can be present in tap water. This is a powerful carcinogenic, which is linked to a higher risk of developing many types of cancer.
- Aluminum: Unfiltered municipal water can cause increased aluminium consumption. This type of metal has been linked to Alzheimer’s, children’s learning disabilities, liver diseases and skin problems, among others.
- Disinfection Byproducts or DBP’s:. These harmful elements are caused by water, which has been disinfected with chlorine, another powerful carcinogenic.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is advertised to improve oral health. but in reality, it can cause different health problems – like a weakened immune system, as well as cellular damage that speeds up ageing.
What Bottled Water Does
Some may be surprised to find out that the contents of 40% of bottled water is only tap water. Aside from this, drinking bottled water comes with a number of risks.
The bottles are made of plastic containing a chemical known as bisphenol A (BPA). This is a synthetic hormone disruptor linked to several health problems:
- Behavioral and learning issues;
- Altered function of the immune system;
- Breast and prostate cancer;
- Obesity risks;
- Early puberty in males and females.
Benefits of Drinking Filtered Water to Health
Drinking more of pure, health water improves:
- Absorption of nutrients;
- Loss of weight;
- Hydration of skin;
- Overall health.
Benefits of Filtered Water to the Environment
In the whole beverage industry, the fastest growing segment is bottled water, which is also the one that is most polluting to the environment. Realizing that bottled water is not necessarily higher in quality than tap water has improved the industry’s environmental aspect even more.
When households choose to filter their own water, they can share in helping the environment,as well as prevent the following:
- Sending an enormous flow of plastic to degrade at dump sites that would take a minimum of 300 years;
- Creating a plastic bottle that requires 3x as much water than to fill it;
- The recycling process of plastic water bottles that involves the use of petroleum on top of transportation costs.